In the subjective football world, many coaches just copy the champion which means that they will always be behind the leaders in their field. This one-year online Mentorship will help you to stay ahead of the game by becoming an independent football thinker who does no longer rely on others to develop new ideas and unique solutions.
Just imagine a football coach wanting to learn HOW to best coach football players. He browses the Internet and stumbles upon hundreds of online courses about management and coaching. The overlap between the different courses is minimal, yet they all promise you the ‘holy grail’ of coaching. How on earth is a football coach supposed to separate relevant from irrelevant information in this jungle of flavours of the month? HOW to coach football, depends on all kinds of external factors. Does the coach work with women or men, with adults or children, amateurs or professionals, does his team train two, three or more times a week, does he have access to a whole, half or quarter pitch to practise, etc.? It is, therefore, very difficult for outsiders to determine HOW a coach should manage a specific situation.
Many courses present concepts based on the differences between people in, for example, personality and culture. In this online Mentorship, Raymond Verheijen has taken not the differences but the similarities between people as the starting point. All players and coaches have to deal with the same game characteristics (WHAT) and evolutionary principles (HOW). Based on these similarities, universal coaching tools will be presented that give direction to HOW to coach football independent of subjective opinions, preferences, beliefs or experiences.
The One-year online Mentorship will start on September 1, 2021, and will be concluded on August 31, 2022. During the course, you will be part of a subgroup (maximum 10 coaches) which will be guided by your personal mentor. This mentor is a coach who has gone through the FCE pathway him- or herself and who will be available each month to answer your questions.
After registration, you will receive a free copy of Raymond Verheijen’s new Football Coaching Theory book(part one or part two).
The one-year Online Mentorship contains around 100 hours of content. Twelve 3-hour courses, twelve 3-hour Q&A’s and over 30 hours of extra online content.
On the 1st of each month, a 3-hour course on one of the 12 topics will be available for the entire month.
On the 15th of each month, a pre-recorded 3-hour session will be available during which the most frequently asked questions will be answered by Raymond Verheijen. This session will be available for 14 days until the end of the month.
Every month additional online content related to the topic of that month will become available. For example, Raymond Verheijen will have in-depth conversations with world-renowned experts to develop new football references.
In the last week of the month, together with your subgroup members, you will have a 1-hour session with your personal mentor during which you can discuss the topic of the month and ask questions.
After successfully completing the one-year Online Mentorship, delegates will receive an official FCE certificate.
This is what you will get out of the twelve 3-hour courses, twelve 3-hour Q&A’s and over 30 hours of extra online content:
- Football theory course: a deeper understanding of the WHAT of coaching football. Coaching tools to develop the essence of the game.
- Football coaching theory course: a deeper understanding of the fundamentals HOW to coach football. The most effective coaching tools to help your players improve.
- Football tactics course: a deeper understanding of the meaning of tactical principles in football. Coaching tools to improve the (non-)verbal communication between your players.
- Game insight course: a deeper understanding of the decision-making process of players and the difference between tactics (team) and game insight (player).
- Football technique course: a deeper understanding of the difference between executing a decision (football) and executing a technique (gymnastics).
- Football fitness course: a deeper understanding of the difference between football fitness (fitness in football context) and non-football fitness (fitness outside football context).
- The Men’s and women’s game course: a deeper understanding of the fact that women and men are playing the same sport. How to anticipate the specific characteristics in both the men’s and women’s game when applying (HOW) the universal characteristics of football (WHAT).
- Football periodisation course: how to plan football training from day to day and week to week to optimise the training effect of every session.
- Youth academy periodisation course: how to apply the principles of football periodisation with youth players before and after the growth spurt.
- Goalkeeper coaching course: how to also develop the goalkeeper’s communication and decision making rather than just the technical execution within goalkeeper actions.
- Football strength training course: how to align strength training exercises with the development of football actions.
- Football rehab training course: how to rehabilitate players as an integral part of the team periodisation rather than based on an isolated training program separate from the team.
- Lectures 48
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 60+ hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 334
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
Football coaching theory
The Men’s and Women’s game
Youth academy periodisation
Football strength training
Football rehab training