Football Action Analysis
Analysing football actions is the core business of a football coach. It is the starting point of the training process and the development of individual players. However, a coach is facing many obstacles during the analysis process. For example, if a player poorly controls the ball, most coaches immediately say that the player has poor technique because the only thing the coach can see from the outside is the technical execution of a player. In psychology, this is called ‘What You See Is All There Is’ (WYSIATI). However, the poor control of the ball could also have been the consequence of miscommunication or bad decision making but these components are difficult to judge from the outside. The only way to find out is by asking the player. Often, when two coaches analyse the performance of the same player they do not use identical references and terminology. How can these two coaches compare and discuss their analysis afterwards? Have they looked at the same aspects, but do they use different words? Or did they look at different aspects but use the same words? In this course, a coaching tool is introduced and explained to objectively reverse engineer football actions together with players. Based on an objective description of the football problem, coaches will learn to ask purposeful questions to players in the process of reverse engineering a football action from ‘executing decision’ via ‘decision making’ to the ‘communicating’ between players. Thanks to this objective coaching tool, coaches will have a much bigger chance to get to the essence of a football problem and to explain the behaviour of his players.
- 09:00 – 10:15 am How to Analyse the Football (In)ability of players: The Reverse Engineering of Football Actions
- 10:15 – 10:45 am Coffee break
- 10:45 – 12:00 pm Describing, Explaining and Solving Football Technique Problems within Football Actions
- 12:00 – 01:00 pm Lunch
- 01:00 – 02:15 pm Describing, Explaining and Solving Game Insight Problems within Football Actions
- 02:15 – 02:45 pm Coffee break
- 02:45 – 04:00 pm Describing, Explaining and Solving Tactical Problems within Football Actions
- Coaches who want to make a credit card payment can register below.
- Coaches who want to register with a bank transfer can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
On Saturday 10 December we will also host a course in Sydney. If you would like to register for both courses you can choose the 2-day course ticket below.
The 1-day delegate fee is 199 AUD (135 Euro). If you are an FCA member your discounted fee will be 149 AUD (100 Euro).
The 2-day delegate fee is 349 AUD (235 Euro) but for FCA members it is only 299 AUD (200 Euro).