Periodisation of Tactical Principles
The term ‘tactical principles’ is a buzzword in the football world these days. But what is a tactical principle? And is it indeed an important coaching tool or just another flavour of the month? The number one reason why things go wrong on a football pitch is miscommunication between teammates. Individually, they have good intentions but often these intentions are not aligned resulting in a misunderstanding. Tactical principles are THE coaching tool to streamline the communication between your players. A tactical principle is the ‘glasses’ through which a player perceives a game situation and interprets intentions of teammates. In this course, the impact of a tactical principle on the brain of football players will be explained and why it results in more selective perception and, subsequently, more purposeful communication with teammates. Several practical examples of tactical principles will be introduced for both attacking and defending. As players need time to adapt to a new tactical principle, it will be explained how to develop methodological steps within the respective principles to allow gradual and more sustainable adaptation. Finally, it will be discussed how tactical principles will positively influence the decision making (game insight) and execution of decisions (football technique) of individual players. After this course, you will have a deeper understanding of tactical principles and you will have the coaching tools to implement the best principles for your players in a methodical way.
- 09:00 – 10:15 am Why do Tactical Principles Improve Football?
- 10:15 – 10:45 am Coffee break
- 10:45 – 12:00 pm How Tactical Principles Guide the Unconscious Brain of Players
- 12:00 – 01:00 pm Lunch
- 01:00 – 02:15 pm How to Develop Gradual Overload within Tactical Principles
- 02:15 – 02:45 pm Coffee break
- 02:45 – 04:00 pm How to Develop Methodological Steps within Tactical Principles
101 South Creek Rd, Dee Why
Manly United Football Club
- Coaches who want to make a credit card payment can register below.
- Coaches who want to register with a bank transfer can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
On Sunday December 3, we will also host a course in Melbourne. If you would like to register for both courses you can choose the 2-day course ticket below.
The 1-day delegate fee is 199 AUD (120 Euro).
The 2-day delegate fee is 349 AUD (210 Euro).