Periodisation of Tactical Principles
The term ‘tactical principles’ is a buzzword in the football world these days. But what is a tactical principle? And is it indeed an important coaching tool or just another flavour of the month? The number one reason why things go wrong on a football pitch is miscommunication between teammates. Individually, they have good intentions but often these intentions are not aligned resulting in a misunderstanding. Tactical principles are THE coaching tool to streamline the communication between your players. A tactical principle is the ‘glasses’ through which a player perceives a game situation and interprets intentions of teammates. In this course, the impact of a tactical principle on the brain of football players will be explained and why it results in more selective perception and, subsequently, more purposeful communication with teammates. Several practical examples of tactical principles will be introduced for both attacking and defending. As players need time to adapt to a new tactical principle, it will be explained how to develop methodological steps within the respective principles to allow gradual and more sustainable adaptation. Finally, it will be discussed how tactical principles will positively influence the decision making (game insight) and execution of decisions (football technique) of individual players. After this course, you will have a deeper understanding of tactical principles and you will have the coaching tools to implement the best principles for your players in a methodical way.
- 08:00 – 09:15 am Why do Tactical Principles Improve Football Actions?
- 09:15 – 09:30 am Coffee break
- 09:30 – 10:45 am How Tactical Principles Guide the Unconscious Brain of Players
- 10:45 – 11:30 am Lunch
- 11:30 – 12:45 pm How to Develop Gradual Overload within Tactical Principles
- 12:45 – 01:00 pm Coffee break
- 01:00 – 02:00 pm Planning Methodological Steps within Tactical Principles
This course includes an online introduction which will allow you to immediately zoom-in on the specific course topic during the in-person course.
The delegate fee is € 159 ($ 169). This fee includes an online introduction course, the in-person course, coffee and the course certificate.
If you register with 5 or more coaches, you will receive a 20% group discount. To receive this discount you can send an email to email@example.com.
- Coaches who want to make a credit card payment can register below.
- Coaches who want to register with a bank transfer can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org