Football Action Analysis
Analysing football actions is the core business of a football coach. It is the starting point of the training process and the development of individual players. However, a coach is facing many obstacles during the analysis process. For example, if a player poorly controls the ball, most coaches immediately say that the player has poor technique because the only thing the coach can see from the outside is the technical execution of a player. In psychology, this is called ‘What You See Is All There Is’ (WYSIATI). However, the poor control of the ball could also have been the consequence of miscommunication or bad decision making but these components are difficult to judge from the outside. The only way to find out is by asking the player. Often, when two coaches analyse the performance of the same player they do not use identical references and terminology. How can these two coaches compare and discuss their analysis afterwards? Have they looked at the same aspects, but do they use different words? Or did they look at different aspects but use the same words? In this course, a coaching tool is introduced and explained to objectively reverse engineer football actions together with players. Based on an objective description of the football problem, coaches will learn to ask purposeful questions to players in the process of reverse engineering a football action from ‘executing decision’ via ‘decision making’ to the ‘communicating’ between players. Thanks to this objective coaching tool, coaches will have a much bigger chance to get to the essence of a football problem and to explain the behaviour of their players.
- 09:00 – 10:15 am How to Analyse Football (In)ability of players: Reverse Engineering of Football Actions
- 10:15 – 10:30 am Coffee break
- 10:30 – 11:45 am Describing, Explaining and Solving Football Technique Problems within Football Actions
- 11:45 – 12:30 pm Lunch
- 12:30 – 01:45 pm Describing, Explaining and Solving Game Insight Problems within Football Actions
- 01:45 – 02:00 pm Coffee break
- 02:00 – 03:00 pm Describing, Explaining and Solving Tactical Problems within Football Actions
This course includes an online introduction which will allow you to immediately zoom-in on the specific course topic during the in-person course.
The delegate fee is € 159 ($ 169). This fee includes an online introduction course, the in-person course, coffee and the course certificate.
If you register with 5 or more coaches, you will receive a 20% group discount. To receive this discount you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Coaches who want to make a credit card payment can register below.
- Coaches who want to register with a bank transfer can send an email to email@example.com