After this course you will have a deeper understanding about:
- the need for universal references and language so you will have less miscommunication with players and staff;
- the difference between objective knowledge and subjective experiences so your coaching will be based on facts you can trust rather than the flavour of the month;
- what it means to keep the football bar high so your players will get a coach who practices what he preaches;
- the universal game characteristics so your coaching will be focussed on the elements that really matter in the game;
- the difference between the objective WHAT and the subjective HOW of coaching so you know when to listen to your subjective intuition and when not to.
- football is a team sport so you will no longer making the mistake of unconsciously analysing and coaching football as if it is an individual sport;
- the objective of the team functions Attacking, Defending and Transitioning so you will be better able to define and structure the objectives of your training sessions;
- the characteristics of football: Communication, Decision making, Executing decisions and Football fitness for you to better overload the different components of football in different sessions during the week;
- the space-time characteristics of decision making and the execution of decisions: 1) position, 2) moment, 3) direction and 4) speed which allows you to analyse football actions in more detail;
- the criteria of a Better Football Action so you will no longer end up in endless subjective discussions about, for example, what is a better pass.
- the characteristics of football at a higher level of play so you know better what gap your team as a whole and your players individually have to bridge to get to this higher level of play;
- training smarter instead of training harder so you will be better able to increase the demands within football exercise to overload your player;
- the football fitness characteristics which will allow you to develop fitness in the context of football instead of developing non-football fitness in non-football exercises.
- Lectures 8
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 2 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 286
- Assessments Self